Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things To Be Thankful For

1. That I don't live in NYC.

Warning: Naughty no-no words contained in video, so turn your volume down.


Under the video is a comment:

"City workers destroy a Ford Explorer trying to free a snowbound front-loader in Brooklyn Heights, New York after the storm of 2010. The crazy thing here....the vehicle WAS....wait for it....A NYC Dept of Buildings city owned vehicle. I went down, I know the owner, they are aware of the video and no police ever came. "

Saw this on CapCon this morning.

Two more things to be thankful for:

2. Irondequoit DPW - who plow the sidewalks and roads in a professional, considerate, "safety first" manner.

3. Irondequoit Police - who show up when you call.

Even with a very disciplined budget for 2011, where each department made sacrifices, I don't think "our" DPW and Police would disregard public safety like that. We've had some epic snowstorms in our area - "weather emergencies" - and I don't ever recall any town worker (or city worker for that matter) dealing with a situation in the same manner as the workers in the video did.

Again.....something to be thankful for, no?

1 comment:

cheri said...

OMG what a video! What are people thinking? No regard for other people's property. Disgusting!

I agree, even with the tight budget we have I'm thankful to live where I do. Our streets have been well plowed, even with the amount of snow we have gotten and I've never heard of any behavior like this.

I'm also thankful that we have no tax increase this year. Listening to the radio today and they were saying by 2012 we may be paying $5.00 a gallon for gas. Man are we in for it. So thank you TB for trying to keep a hold on our taxes.
Much appreciated! :)