Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Medley/P.I.L.O.T. e-mails

Please start at the bottom e-mail and read up.






These are recent e-mails about the P.I.L.O.T. with regards to the Medley project-(that are not private btw-you can FOI request e-mails from elected officials as they are public information. I, however, block out private citizens names, and what appears to be "private" e-mail addresses of elected officials, as well as some e-mail addresses of people who were copied in on this e-mail. But, this information is "foilable" if you wanted to FOIL it).

It seems that the P.I.L.O.T. information "will be released in a final form when we receive it from our Attorney."

Final form? It'll already be done and over with and decided upon with no public input?

But, wait......the Supervisor says that: "The public can comment, as always, thru e-mail, phone, and regular mail or during the public comment portion of any Town Board Meeting."

Hey! That's GREAT! Irondequoit residents are welcome to comment on something that they haven't even seen yet, and won't see until it's all said and done and in it's "FINAL" form.

How fortunate you must feel to be able to voice your opinions AFTER it's in it's FINAL form!

Here are some questions I have:

Why can't the residents have a say in the P.I.L.O.T. agreement BEFORE it goes to the attorneys?

Why are residents in the condos going to enjoy P.I.L.O.T. tax breaks when resident Joe Schmoe on Whitlock Rd. can't get a P.I.L.O.T. tax break?

Irondequoit has two school districts, yet, only EISD is losing revenue from taxes with these P.I.L.O.T. tax breaks......are only East Irondequoit residents going to patronize this project? It seems to me that the EISD has been shafted a couple of times already by this developer - is the third time a charm?

Does anyone actually believe that C.O.M.I.D.A. handing out P.I.L.O.T. tax breaks to a developer for 10, 15, or 30 years DOESN'T affect taxes? If an agreement is in place for a developer to pay LESS than what they would normally pay for their property taxes......who do you think makes up for that lost revenue?

Yes, my dears, you. YOUR property taxes go up, YOUR school budgets go up, OUR sales taxes go up, OUR county suggests intercepting money meant for school districts.........

The County can't even balance their budget....claiming they needed to intercept money for school districts in Monroe County with that whole F.A.I.R. plan thing....but they're handing out tax breaks to everyone left and right, aren't they?

Did you know "businesses" like Nazareth College, and The Harley School, get C.O.M.I.D.A. tax breaks? Even Wegmans gets them.

Take a look at all of the projects approved by COMIDA.

Remember this the next time they want to raise YOUR property taxes, or YOUR school budgets, or YOUR sales taxes.

Stick out your hand and tell them to give you a break for once.