Monday, April 20, 2009

Yay! The "Triggers" Are Up On The Labella Report!

They weren't there before the meeting on 4/16...the right side of the page was cut off where the "trigger" items were.

But now (and thank you so much Mr. Mazzenga, for getting to that today!) it is there and I can digest all of this information.

I didn't feel comfortable going into a "tirade" on something I didn't see the full report on when I did the previous blog about it.

But, now I can. Woo Hoo!

Here are the full estimates with the trigger column from Labella.









Grab yer ankles, taxpayers. This one is a good one. Hope there's at least a hair pull or a reach around included with these unbelievable estimates.

Well, I give them a hearty "Good For You" on this one.

Anyways, I'm not a contractor or anything....so I'm going to pick out simple things that I know I could help the Town save money on.

Let's go with "Add splash block to four downspouts."

Labella, on page 1, lists this item as "Immediate Maintenance", and their estimate is $200.00.

I, having the great contacts that I do (google), found that they are as low as $10.00 per splash block. I will personally spend $40.00 of my own money, and go to the Senior Center, and put them under all of your gutters - for free. I am an experienced splash-blocker-putter-inner, because I did do this all by myself at my house. With CONCRETE ones. Yeah. Way heavier!



On page 2 of Labella's Report, it says "Provide pull hardware where missing on some
cabinet doors", and their estimate is $200.00.

I, having the great contacts that I do (google), found that they are priced as low as $12.00 for a 10 pack. I will go so far as to purchase TWO 10 pks, of the $19.99 variety, and install them - for free. Don't worry about installing them, as I am experienced in this activity as well, installing them on my own cupboard doors when I refinished mine, all by myself. I have my own screwdriver, so you won't have to provide one......but I might like to use a few of those screws they obviously have loose to secure the cabinet hardware to the cupboard doors. $200.00 for attaching a cabinet handle? lol



Those are just two very small things that as a homeowner I have done myself, and I know those items are extremely inexpensive, yet do a great job. I don't think Pinegrove's splash blocks and cabinet door knobs need to be any more sturdier than what's in my home. I had teenagers, and tons of kids in my house when mine were younger. I haven't had cabinet hardware fall off one of my cabinets yet. One became loose a few years ago....and instead of buying a whole new house because of a wobbly knob....I got out my screwdriver and tightened it.

I could save the Town $400.00 with these two above repairs.

I hope I have time to call around tomorrow to some different contractors in the area, because I am going to get estimates on what Labella has in their report on a few different items, and compare. Of course, with "commercial property" estimated...not like a residence estimate or anything.

I'll let ya know what I find out, if I find out anything.