Wednesday, January 20, 2010

TB Meeting 1-19-2010

Link to vimeo.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Town Board, very nice meeting.

Things I liked:


I like that board members were not hesitant, or afraid to speak of their concerns freely.

I like that everything was explained, and very open and honest.

I liked that everyone was respectful of each other.

I liked that D'Aurizio and Essley took the initiative to "walk the walk" on controlling costs, and not just "talk the talk". Thank you for funding your own NYC trip, accommodations etc., instead of having the taxpayers foot the bill for you. To me, that speaks volumes. Actions sometimes speak louder than words.

Things that amused me:

Stephanie's political rhetoric at a Town Board meeting accusing Supervisor D'Aurizio of sending out "campaign literature" on the "employees should be residents of Irondequoit" issue.
You sure were "singin' it" - well, you'd better be bringing it - to the next meeting like you publicly stated you would. If you can produce one piece of campaign material that quotes D'Aurizio, Essley, or Marasco as this being an "issue" in their campaign, you'll have backed up your public accusation. If you don't (or can't), you should apologize. But you probably won't. History doesn't prove too kindly in your case for apologizing for mistakes.

Stephanie's sudden concern of the full time Nutritionist for the Senior program at Pinegrove. Stephanie, you, as a sitting board member in 2009, approved the 2010 budget with this full time position appropriated for in the budget! If you had concerns about this full-time position, you should have motioned for it to be removed BEFORE you APPROVED it in the 2010 budget! You also should have brought it up at the workshop.

This article, appearing a little while ago in MPNnow, says you were surprised that it was in the 2010 budget. Surprised? YOU VOTED TO APPROVE THE BUDGET! Didn't you read it before you approved it? Didn't you follow up after discussing it in a workshop last year? No? Does that surprise me? No.

I appreciate that the board tabled this resolution so the other board members could "research" it more....but really....you already approved it by voting to approve the 2010 budget! Now you want to go against your vote?

Sometimes, you make my head spin.

Other than that.....great, informative meeting. I hope they are all like that.

Oh....I hope you also have next month's agenda up on the website long before the actual TB meeting in February (as I am pretty sure you will), and I hope that you also speak about the ice rink at some point because many residents are confused on what is going on. Myself included.

Thanks!