Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What Bill?

Do you remember the June 21st Town Board Meeting where Marasco asked the board to pass a resolution requiring that Congel pay $750,000 the town believes it is owed based on the PILOT agreement — or risk termination of the PILOT? His motion for a resolution died for lack of a second.....because....."the town board is getting tough with the Medley Developer" - what a joke that headline was.

Anyways, MJD said during the meeting that "there's a current bill in the State Legislature's ways and means committee in Albany that could have an impact on the project."

What bill would that be? I've searched the archives of bills - and I checked out the updates on the NYS Assembly Ways And Means and I found nothing that resembles a bill that could have an impact on Medley Centre.



So, I'd like to know, what bill are you talking about? Specifically, how will it have an impact on the Medley project, and will it enforce the P.I.L.O.T. agreement that you seem unwilling to enforce?

I say "unwilling" because, as a commenter pointed out, Marasco wanted to discuss Medley at the last meeting....you guys went into Executive Session....and after you came back there was no discussion on Medley. Why was that? You didn't happen to discuss it in Executive Session I hope....that is a big no-no.



Here's the article from MPN on how they're "getting tough" with Congel. lol
Irondequoit Town Board Getting Tough With Medley Centre Developer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone tried asking? I am SURE they will respond right away.

Foils_for_irondequoit said...

I just did. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I am sure the answer will be forthcoming. (spectators dont hold your breath)

Foils_for_irondequoit said...

Just an F.Y.I. - Cheri did get an e-mail from Stephanie Aldersley today, and she commented on it on another blog (the blog about the STBM).

Here's the comment:
cheri said...

Update - I heard from Stephanie Aldersley by email this afternoon. She said that she did think that the special TB meeting would be televised.

She also said Congel’s bill is dead. It may never have made it to the floor (stalled in committee).

I also received a phone call from Deb Essley to discuss these issues. I already knew what the special TB meeting was about. She said that MJD would know more than she would about the Congel bill. I did take the opportunity to discuss my feelings on how public input was handled this past month.

So 3 board member's have been in touch and I thank them all for making the effort to give us information. :)

August 31, 2011 5:29 PM


Unfortunately, I do not believe that there ever was a bill in the ways and means committee that would have an impact on Medley - even if it "died" or stalled in commitee - there would still be a bill number and sponsor.

I bet if I asked that question, I wouldn't get an answer.

So, here is my question:

What is the bill number, and who was the sponsor?

Let's see if there is an answer. :)

Anonymous said...

They are not telling the truth about the Bill. There never was a bill. Morelle's office on 3 occasions stated very clearly there never was a Bill. Alesi's office on 2 occassions stated very very clearly there never was a Bill. Unfortunately two board members referenced at the june Board meeting there was a Bill. They did not tell the truth.
What is most disturbing is that falsehood may have influenced a Board Vote of collecting money for taxpayers. Leaders do not want the Pilot cancelled. Other members falsely proclaimed that PILOT Payments did not go the County and then the County pay the loan. Absolutely false. Why are Board Members covering for an agreement that puts over $10 million per year in the pocket of a private citizen? Why would politicians not want to put that money towards the betterment of the town? BTW--they refuse to discuss the deal when asked.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm. very interesting. Why would the supervisor say there was a bill if there wasnt a bill? Was it to silence the board member who was finally willing to give more than just gentle reminders?