Saturday, April 10, 2010

1993

While I was hanging my freshly laundered clothes out on the clothesline in the backyard today, I thought about the wonderful pot roast that was cooking for the 5 course meal I was preparing for my family in my freshly scrubbed oven that sparkled like sunshine bouncing off the water.....and I thought of the beautiful Irondequoit Bay.....and then I thought of Newport.....and then I thought of Dan Aureli.

See how the thought process of miserable housewives work?


I then decided to be a mean-spirited, bored, and angry housewife that searches the internet for hours upon hours while I gravitate towards Bob Ament and FOIL the heck out of poor Barb Genier while simultaneously being jealous of Joe Morelle to avoid my ennui - and I found something interesting from 1993.

It's when Dan Aureli was a Town Board Member in Irondequoit.

Background:

When MEH became Supervisor in 2006 there were some accusations that she sold some land at Newport for a $1. She sent out a press release explaining that previous documents pertaining to this land sale were not properly filed with the County Clerk, and that she was advised by the Attorneys for Newport and the Town Attorney that not having these documents signed and filed properly could put the Town in jeopardy of a lawsuit because of the follow up work that was never completed by the previous boards in 1990 and 1993.

A document called "Right-of-Way Realignment Information 1990, 1993, 2006" on the Town Website for the Newport Project explains all of this.

Within this document are the minutes from the 1993 TB meeting, where a resolution was offered by Dan Aureli to abandon the Town Portion of Newport Road and sell it for a dollar. Only problem is - according to MEH, the documents from 1990 were not filed with the County Clerk's office at that time, and in 1993 when Aureli offered the resolution to abandon and sell the entire right of way for a dollar, the deed was filed with the County Clerk's office - but the paperwork for the easements were not. That is why she (on recommendation from Newport and Town attorneys) decided to sign and file everything all over again to make it official.

Here's the 1993 minutes where Aureli offers and moves the resolution:




Can this be considered a conflict of interest?

5 comments:

cheri said...

This blog is hilarious Jax!

Well I just got done with the dishes from the 5 course meal I prepared right before I scrubbed the kitchen floor and washed the clothes on a washboard. ;)

So Aureli was the Town Board member that made the motion back in 1993 to abandon the Town Portion of Newport Road and sell it for a dollar.

Isn't that interesting?

Looks like a conflict of interest to me. Another something in the Newport deal that just doesn't smell right.

Back to my chores. :)

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Aureli the attorney who defended those ghetto punks who abducted that Irondequoit family on Easter Sunday a couple of years ago?
I think he also defended some daycare worker who drugged the kids she sat for. Great guy.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of conflicts, the aggressive, nasty lawyer for the neighbors - Mr. Enos - was also on the Town Board in 1993 when the Newport Road right-of-way was sold for a buck.

Speaking of Mr. Enos and the neighbors, I wonder if they will be bringing an Article 78 against the Town regarding the Newport Planning Board approval. Final Site Plan Approval was in March and there are time limits to bring appeals.

If the Planning Board decision is that bad you would think an appeal is in the works.

I guess time will tell.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of conflicts in this case, I am pretty sure it was Mr. Goldman who represented the Mooring Line Drive neighbors when that development cut into steep slopes and cleared wooded areas for that gated community.

My what a tangled web we weave.

Anonymous said...

At the end of the day its the lawyers that make out no matter what happens.