Friday, February 4, 2011

So....This Is What Representation Feels Like

It feels really, reaaalllllllly good.

Governor Cuomo, I am with you on this. No doubt about it. I demand change!!

I watched his budget message on the website live feed on the 1st - and the one in Westchester, which is below.



Towards the end of the presentation, there was a slight kerfuffle from the audience - a gentleman decided that "democracy doesn't work" because of his opinion on hydrofracking. The Governor responded well to it, as the gentleman was forcefully led from the area. Good. There's a time and a place to "protest" hydrofracking - at a presentation of the State Budget isn't one of them.

From an article at Capital Tonight's 'State of Politics' blog:



I really like that he has brought his message, in person, to other parts of the State, instead of just in Albany. I appreciate that. I think he needs to do that, to keep repeating the message. We need to stand behind him and let our elected leaders know that we want change. Scary or not. We need it and I demand it! If you demand it too, please sign up here to join our Governor in this fight.

How 'bout that "budget sham" he is pointing out. I can't believe nobody has ever thought to change this law until now. Thank you, Governor. If you keep this up - I might have a little bit of confidence in our Government again.

No comments: