Monday, March 23, 2009

Apology?

This was forwarded to me, and I'm not a fan of "forwarded" e-mails only because I don't trust that they are "real". I have it from a good source though, that this is the "real deal".



It is refreshing that a Board Member takes the responsibility of correcting a mistake by apologizing for it. I respect that. I wish more government officials were like that. I wish it was a more "public" apology than an e-mail, but....hey...beggars can't be choosers, right? :)

I find it surprising (not really) that there has been no such apology from the Supervisor, or Councilwoman Aldersley for their public misinformation. Contrary to what the Supervisor states, the Town has not "always claimed" they own 1.89 acres at Pinegrove. I have not seen it in print anywhere but on their Town Website, buried in a paragraph in the middle of more information about CDBG, Senior Center, and Kings Park information. It wasn't stated on the video, that the Supervisor put out (paid for by the taxpayers mind you), in any articles where she was quoted about the room to expand at Pinegrove, or in her "facts sheet".

There have been a few instances where people have incorrectly referenced something during public input, and the Supervisor corrects them. I can click on any of the YouTube links on the right hand side of the page here, and during any given meeting, the Supervisor corrects anyone who states incorrect information.

The Supervisor has never corrected anyone during public input, or Town Board Member Aldersley at a Town Board meeting, when they claimed that the Town only owns 5 ft. around the building. Not once.

I think Supervisor Heyman and Councilwoman Aldersley owe the residents an apology for their misinformation.

I doubt it will happen.

At least one board member "did the right thing". Too bad about being given incorrect information and was never told the correct information until a resident produced the deed to the property, that I'm sure they all had a look at during some point in time the past 3 or 4 years.......