Sunday, September 13, 2009

Déjà vu vu?

Have you seen the Community Center Draft "Campus Plan" on the Town's website yet?

Here's the "map" of the Campus Concept from CPL:


It looks SO familiar! Geez....I can't put my finger on it, but I swear I've seen this years ago.....hmmmm...... I wonder....I think I remember someone proposing this.


It's so déjà vu-ey.

I kinda remember a current planning board member mocking out a resident last year for that same idea of a senior center at Town Hall campus.






I wonder why he said this in the blog:

"Certainly this concept picture has no studies attached to it, no size is listed, clearly no cost, but who cares!!!! This is a concept that can be discussed outside the Master Plan Process."

But now, it's ok to talk about this current-same-exact plan that has no studies attached to it, (only "suggestions") and no size listed, (only vague references to "meet the needs of the community") and clearly no cost (only a cost study from some feasibility study that supposedly happened in 2002) that is now in the Master Plan process?

One person brought this up to the board and was told by the Supervisor that these same exact plans were not feasible, and was on the finance committee and brought it up to them....but was kicked off the finance committee by Mary Ellen Jones......now all of a sudden, a small group of Heyman supporters bring up the SAME EXACT PLAN.....and it's in the Master Plan already?

This is what Heyman said back in August 2008 about the same exact plan: "For more than two and half years of listening to you, your ideas, plans and opinion I have come to the conclusion that implementation of any plan you may have thoughts on is impossible. ... I have spent time investigating recommendations only to find no basis in fact."

(Argh! You can read the article where she says this at this blog link.)

But now.....her supporters bring up the same plan, and it's feasible and in the master plan already?

Wow. I thought "government was slow"? You prove me wrong every time, you little rascals! Just when I think "well...yeah....it is kinda slow..." you go and prove me wrong time and time again! Except with the Pinegrove repairs.....you guys are moving through PILOT deals and bonding money to pave Newport Road and getting your friends "plans" in the Master Plan faster than the speed of light - which is impossible unless you bend space and create a wormhole! You created one, didn't you. C'mon....don't be modest....you can tell us. How else are you getting certain things done very quickly?

I heard a couple of ladies were interviewed by that current planning board member (who mocked out a resident on a public Irondequoit D&C blog as blog host) today on Ch. 12.

How lovely! I bet that wasn't one-sided like this blog is! ;)