Monday, October 19, 2009

"Stay Off The Blogs"




As I was reading this article, I was



absorbing all of the figures, and allusions as to why things increased or decreased, and I was forming thoughts in my head as to why I disagree with some of it.....and then......she had to say this:

"Now I'm waiting to hear from citizens about how they want to see us move forward, stay off the blogs, come and tell me."

What?

Why would you even say something like that? You were going along quite fine until that point. People reading were probably like "Blogs? What blogs?" and now they are "googling" Irondequoit looking for these blogs.

I mean really.....why didn't you just send out engraved invitations? You aren't supposed to acknowledge that the blogs exist! That really just sends a message indicating that you aren't open to other opinions, and that you want to have more control over information fed to residents - more than you already do now - and it also clearly indicates that the blogs do bother you.

If the blogs, this one included, are full of "lies" and "misinformation", why would you even have to tell people to stay away from them? Aren't they smart enough to stay away on their own or make up their own minds?

More importantly, why aren't you and your fellow board members practicing what you preach and "stay off the blogs"? I have had many visits from you guys, so I know you're not staying off of my blog.

Ah...."do as I say, not as I do".....got it.

I'm sure you all saw the fantastic article on Medley in Sunday's paper? David Andreatta did an incredible job reporting on this. I am putting up the pages because sooner or later, the link won't take you to the story anymore.









Again....with the September 1st date as the due date for the $500,000 payment.....where is this date coming from? According to the PILOT, it was due on April 7th, 2009.

How do ya'll feel about the revelation that nobody did any research before approving this PILOT - and better yet, the answer "Why would we?"?

Yeah. Why would you? I mean, it's only 45 years of tax breaks, right?

Good grief.
. . . __ __ __ . . .